Horseshoes and Handprints is a small charity based in Somerset which originally provided equine therapy for children with special needs together with their immediate family members. After several very successful years it was felt that we had reached the point where we should use our funds to help even more children benefit from horse based therapy, by providing grants to assist them to access the ever increasing range of equine therapies available.
This move has been very successful and the Trustees are now actively seeking applications from people from all walks of life and age groups to jon our board and help with the future development of the charity.
What Are The Benefits of Equine Therapy?
These are some benefits that have been reported after equine therapy:
- Reduction of stress and anxiety.
- Increased confidence and feeling of self-worth.
- Improved communication and speech.
- Longer concentration span.
- Better eating and sleeping patterns.
- A stronger immune system.
- Improvement in spatial awareness and boundary perspective.
- Reduction of frustration.
- Fewer and less frequent meltdowns.
- Anger management.
- Generally improved social skills.
- Better ability to retain and impart information.
- Improved school work.
- Improvements in family relationships – especially if family members become involved in the therapy.
- Developing degrees of independence.
- Learning to cope better with everyday situations at home/school and in public
How To Apply
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for further details.
We are delighted to announce that thanks to support of the Rotary Club of Frome Selwood, we have some funds available for children within the Frome area. Please contact us for further information.